AIA Membership Benefits
- Members display "AIA" after their name. "AIA" communicates professionalism to clients and colleagues. The AIA is recognized by public audiences, which gives members the competitive advantage. It shows a commitment to the highest professional standards and practices.
- Continuing Education Programs to
help meet State Licensure and AIA requirements and expand
the architectural knowledge base as changes in the
- Maintenance of CES credits for
members tracking his/her hours.
- Discounted registration fees for
AIA Oklahoma sponsored events.
- Advancing members' interest
through lobbying efforts. AIA is the collective voice of the
architectural profession, and as such makes sure the
members' concerns and interests are heard by key decision
makers at the federal, state and local levels.
- Keeping members informed about
issues that affect their professional lives.
- AIA Oklahoma annual State
Convention which offers members a chance to attend a variety
of continuing education programs and hear from nationally
known speakers in the profession as well as network and
socialize with professional peers from across the state.
- Professional Affiliation with
fellow architects and networking opportunities.
- Bi-Annual Design Awards which
recognizes works of distinction by members and bring to
public attention outstanding examples of architecture.
- Access to a Membership Roster of
AIA Oklahoma members.
- Representation on the
Construction Industry Coalition which serves to inform the
general public concerning construction in Oklahoma.
- Subscription to Architectural
Record, the AIA Magazine.
- Discounted rates for AIA
Documents, Contract, and Forms.
- Marketing the profession which
includes a nationwide public relations campaign on behalf of
the architectural profession as well as maintaining and
promoting a positive image in Oklahoma.
- AIA web site (http://aia.org/index.htm)
which provides information to millions of people on how to
select, hire and work with an architect. It also puts them
in touch with a directory of AIA-owned firms. The AIA
Oklahoma web site (www.aiaok.org) keeps members informed of
activities around the state.
- Health insurance is available to
members through an AIA group plan.
- A fully staffed office with
responsibility to facilitate the flow of information to the
membership and all AIA Oklahoma activities. The staff
answers all questions from the membership and facilitates
the member's participation in AIA.